Gawain Hewitt, our National Manager for R&D, is heading to Paris and Derry/Londonderry to present our DMLab work at two international conferences.
Derry – Inclusive Creativity: Digital Practices – 31st May 2017
Inclusive Creativity: Digital Practices (Hearts of STEM 2017) is a public symposium organised by Dr Brendan McCloskey, Prof. Frank Lyons and Dr Brian Bridges, at Ulster University on May 31st 2017.
Gawain will be giving a keynote speech about The Kellycaster with John Kelly & Charles Matthews.
The event is being held in association with the Walled City Music Festival and is being supported by Garfield Weston. The Kellycaster project is part of the Inclusive Creativity venture supported by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, a partnership between Ulster University, Walled City Music and Drake Music.
Paris – 11th European e-Accessibility Forum: e-Accessible Culture – 19th June 2017
The 11th European e-Accessibility Forum seeks to explore the role digital technologies can play in ensuring our cultural landscape is inclusive.
How can digital access empower disabled audiences and enable them to become full participants in cultural life?
The Forum will explore themes close to Drake Music’s heart and mission including:
- How cultural institutions are using technology to embrace disabled audiences and improve access to their collections, information and activities
- How technology can facilitate creative expression for people with disabilities
- How educators, arts organisations, public service providers and software and hardware developers can work together to build accessible solutions
- How progress can be leveraged through public and private initiatives
- How dialogue can be instigated between e-Accessibility stakeholders and the cultural industry to ensure that cultural assets and activities are born accessible