We are currently recruiting for new people to join our board:
Deadline: Midnight, Sunday 30th June 2019
We are excited to open applications for new Trustees at Drake Music. We are looking for new trustees to work with us to grow our potential, achieve social change and deliver our strategic plan.
What is our vision?
We believe everyone has the right to make music. Our vision is a world where disabled people have the same diverse range of opportunities, instruments and networks as their non-disabled peers, a world where disabled and non-disabled musicians collaborate as equals.
What are we looking for?
We want to grow and diversify our board of trustees. We would like our board to demonstrate leadership through lived experience of disability.
We are looking for applications from Disabled applicants, young people, LGBTQ+ people, people of colour and women.
Perhaps you have never considered being a Trustee before? There is information in the Trustee Info pack to help you find out more about what is involved. We will also provide mentoring and training for all new trustees. Drake Music is a unique organisation and we can adapt this role to suit different skills and abilities.
There are three qualities we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm – Love music? Into grime or can’t get enough of Philip Glass? Obsessive about the latest tech or passionate that disability rights are human rights? We are hoping to find people who can put that energy into their work with us.
- Openness – Being a Trustee involves collaborating with the Drake Music community. This means taking part in discussions and debates, listening to and supporting others and contributing your thoughts and ideas with respect.
- Individuality – We know that diversity can be an organisation’s biggest strength and we value different perspectives. We want people who will bring their knowledge and life experience to the role.
Why get involved?
Volunteering to be a trustee with Drake Music can be a great way to open up opportunities and connections, make a real difference and contribute to the strategic development of our organisation.
Being a trustee is a great way to give back, develop your skills and support a small team to achieve big things.
It has lots more information about:
- the work Drake Music do
- what ‘being a trustee’ means
- next steps, including having an informal conversation or meeting someone from the team
We are always interested to hear from talented music leaders, so if you are experienced in inclusive practice and would like to work with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.