Drake Music is launching a new, accessible music course based in Liverpool for young disabled people ages 16-25 who are particularly interested in learning about creating music on their own terms.
This is part of the national Go Compose programme from Sound and Music, the national charity for new music, with generous support from Youth Music.
This is a unique opportunity to work with professional composers and musicians to:
- explore their musical ideas
- develop, perform, and record their own compositions
- discover their own musical voice
- work creatively with others to realise their ideas
- gain new skills and confidence
- understand opportunities available to pursue their interest in composing
Sessions will be small, focused workshops, which we aim to make accessible for all, including autistic young people who may not normally find group work easy.
Places are FREE & VERY LIMITED, so we may not be able to accommodate everyone, but if you miss out this time there will be other chances.
We are looking for young people who are really passionate about making music!
At the end of the project the group will give a performance of their work in three special schools in Liverpool – dates will be confirmed later in the year.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a place please fill in this short survey to tell us a bit about yourself and why you would like to take part.
Go Compose runs on ALTERNATE SATURDAYS from September to Feb 2019:
- Saturday October 6
- Saturday October 20
- Saturday November 3
- Saturday November 17
- Saturday December1
- Saturday December 15
- Saturday January 12
- Saturday January 26
- Saturday February 3
NOISE, Merseyside Youth Association Limited, 65-67 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 3DY
*Please note, we can cover travel expenses for participants. Email email@example.com for more details.
Drake Music team:
- Drake Music Associate Musicians: Jon Hering & Georgina Aasgaard
- Drake Music Trainee: Lucy Hale
- Drake Music Project Manager: Abigail Ward
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org