We are very pleased to announce programme details for our forthcoming We All Make Music event.
Friday 9th March 2018 will be a day of inspiring debate, sharing, networking, action and creation.
Join us for a very different music education event as we examine and imagine the future of the Music Education sector.
Booking closes 12pm, 23rd Feb 2018.
10am – 10.30am – Registration & networking (refreshments provided)
10.30am – 11am – Introductions
- Introductions (Carien Meijer & Douglas Noble)
- Putting the current music ed climate in context (Jonathan Westrup)
11.00 – 11:30am – Getting to grips with the ideas
- The Barriers – An Intro to the Social Model (Daryl Beeton)
We can’t tackle a whole day of Disability Equality Training in one session, but with a quick overview of the Social Model we can give you a place to start and get us all on the same page.
11.30 – 12.30am – Choose from 4 different hands-on sessions led by disabled & non-disabled musicians:
- Garage Band & ThumbJam
- Sampling & Composition
- TouchBoards, Makey Makeys & Mogees
12.30-1pm – Interactive music-making
1-2pm A delicious lunch and time for networking
2-3pm – Choose from 5 different debate groups and get provocative!
- DMLab NW Challenge – Using our DMLab Challenge as a starting point this discussion will explore the benefits of experimental music led collaborations between musicians and technologists in the creation of new music.
- R&D in the Classroom – Learning simple ways to use tech in the classroom.
- Accredited Music Courses – What challenges face inclusive music educators when it comes to accreditation?
- Challenging Traditional Peri Lessons – Exploring what is possible within one to one teaching if we look beyond the traditional approach and instruments.
3-3.45 – How to put it into practice, reviewing the discussions and creating actions to take away
3.45 – 4.15 – The Commitments – An interactive, practical workshop to focus energies & intent, bringing music-making to your plans to ‘Change it’.
4.15 – 4.30 – How to turn thoughts into actions – Next steps to take away all this inspiration and put it into practice. (Daryl Beeton & Douglas Noble)
4.30 – 5.30 – Inclusive networking
Booking closes on 23rd Feb, don’t miss your chance to reserve a place via Eventbrite.