‘Ascendant’ (Adjective.) Definition: Rising in power or influence (i.e. for artists who are experienced, but may still be under the radar)
2 experienced Disabled musicians working in any genre will be commissioned to produce new work. We use the term “experienced” to mean “with more than 3 years’ experience”.
The two selected artists will get mentoring, technical support and showcase opportunities. These commissions are specifically about supporting “mid-career” artists.
Previous Commissionee, Oliver Cross
Each Ascendant Musician will:
- Over a 5-month period create a new piece of work
- Be mentored by an Artist in Residence (AiR)
- Mentor an Emergent musician, if appropriate
- Take part in the Masterclass series curated by the AiR’s
- Have access to Technical support
- Perform at DM Live Showcase event
This programme began as part of the PRS Talent Development Partnership. Learn more about previous commissionees via the links below:
- Meet the Artist – Steve Varden
- Meet the Artist – Oliver Cross
- Watch and listen to previous commissions