‘Emergent’ (Adjective.) Definition: In the process of coming into being (i.e. for early career artists)
We use the term “early career” in an inclusive way, relating it to experience, not age, and this may be your first commission.
3 emerging Disabled musicians will be commissioned to produce new short pieces of music/sound and will be provided with mentoring, technical support and a showcase opportunity.
Each Emergent Musician will:
- Over a 3 month period create a new piece of work
- Be mentored by a DM Artist in Residence (DM AiR for short)/or an Ascendant Musician
- Take part in creative music-making workshops
- Have access to Technical support
- Perform at a DM Live Showcase event
Robyn Steward 2018/19 Emergent Commissionee:
“Working with Drake has been great I’ve progressed musically and from a technology standpoint”
This programme began as ‘Emergent: A Music Legacy’ in 2017, since then we have created new commissions with a wide range of artists & genres.
Learn more about previous commissions via the links below:
- Year 1: Ben Lunn, Louis Walkden and Luke Lundin
- Year 2 Emergent event: Dike Okoh, Robyn Steward and Ewan Mackay
- Year 3: Robbie Ashworth, Remi Fox-Novak and The Dyr Sister
- Year 4: Elle Chante and R.Dyer
Previous Commissionee: Lucy Hale