Using Guided Access
Part of the DM Guide to Using iPads for Music
Guided Access is essential when using iPads as instruments. It makes it easier for the music leader to keep a session on track, by limiting the functions available.
Now that you have turned Guided Access on, it’s time to learn how to get the most out of this useful accessibility tool.
Getting the most out of Guided Access
- Open an app on your iPad and triple click the ‘Home’ button. A Guided Access screen will appear around the app.
- Press ‘Start’ and set your passcode (it’s best to go for something easy to remember and quick to type!)
- The app will load on the screen and stay there, even if the ‘Home’ button is pressed.
Exiting Guided Access
- Triple click the ‘Home’ button.
- Put in your Guided Access passcode.
- Click ‘End’ in the top left of the screen.