Application by letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Thursday 20th October. Interviews will take place week beginning 24th October in Manchester
Purpose: To support the Programme Manager, North West
Hours of work: 4 hours per week, Tuesday or Thursday, £15 per hour based on freelance contract (October 2011-March 2012)
Based: Zion Arts Centre, Manchester
Reporting and Responsible to: Programme Manager, North West
Relationships: Drake Music team of staff and associates, partner organisations
1. Diary Management and scheduling: RPM diary management, workload and filing system; travel, accomodation and booking arrangements; schedule and organise meeitngs, managing electronic and hard copy correspondence as directed.
2. Maintaining clear lines of communication with national office administrator regarding correspondence, updates, database etc.
3. Ensuring that accurate records are kept and managed appropriately; respond to any associate or national office queries.
4. General administration duties including tasks such as answering phone calls, taking messages and directing calls, processing incoming and outgoing post.
5. Provide support for Programme Manager in relation to financial administration duties, checking invoices and payments as directed by PM.
6. Responding to enquiries, updating calendars, updating web-page and blog, and maintaining database of contact.
7. Other related duties as required.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Interact effectively with others, both internally and externally
• Committed and positive team member
• Communicate clearly in plain English
• Overcome obstacles and deal openly with conflict
• When facing challenges, able to articulate these and propose solutions for improvement
• Clear and concise reporting to line manager regarding any key issues
• Able to communicate own support needs
Administration & Organisational Skills
• Work under pressure and to deadline (vis a vis funding bids and reports, budget requests, project plans, etc)
• Prioritise and manage own workload in accordance with agreed priorities
• Set up and implement effective systems for administrative management
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Show initiative, bringing flair and enthusiasm to the role
• Reflective approach and able to identify ideas and solutions to improve and develop administration areas
• Decisive and action-oriented