James conducts using his head. His existing batons, while important in developing his practice, were both inelegant and not precise enough.
Working with James, we have developed a simple adaptation to his glasses, to which a genuine conductor’s baton is fitted.
We are now looking to modify this to
– allow the baton to be replaced easily
– add a counter weight to the other ear for balance
– improve comfort through a larger head band.
Find out more
- James’ website
- An intro to the project on the Drake Music Blog
- Read and see video on Disability Arts Now