Could you be a Trustee at Drake Music?
We are excited to open applications for new Trustees at Drake Music. We are looking for up to 4 trustees to work with us to grow our potential, achieve social change and deliver our strategic plan.
What is our vision?
We believe everyone has the right to make music. Our vision is a world where disabled people have the same diverse range of opportunities, instruments and networks as their non-disabled peers, a world where disabled and non-disabled musicians collaborate as equals.
What are we looking for?
We want to grow and diversify our board of trustees. We would like our board to demonstrate leadership through lived experience of disability. This means we particularly welcome disabled applicants who are interested in joining the organisation as a trustee, working with us to make music accessible for all and achieve social change.
We are also keen to involve other under-represented groups including young people, LGBTQ+ people, people of colour and women.
Perhaps you have never considered being a Trustee before? There is information in the Trustee Info pack to help you find out more about what is involved. We will also provide mentoring and training for all new trustees. Drake Music is a unique organisation and we can adapt this role to suit different skills and abilities.
There are three qualities we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm – Love music? Into grime or can’t get enough of Philip Glass? Obsessive about the latest tech or passionate that disability rights are human rights? We are hoping to find people who can put that energy into their work with us.
- Openness – Being a Trustee involves collaborating with the Drake Music community. This means taking part in discussions and debates, listening to and supporting others and contributing your thoughts and ideas with respect.
- Individuality – We know that diversity can be an organisation’s biggest strength and we value different perspectives. We want people who will bring their knowledge and life experience to the role.
Why get involved?
Volunteering to be a trustee with Drake Music can be a great way to open up opportunities and connections, make a real difference and contribute to the strategic development of our organisation.
We would like to complement the current skill-set of our board and are therefore particularly keen to recruit people who are:
- involved in technology
- experts in intellectual property
If you have different skills or experience which you think would be good for Drake Music then please do download the pack and get in touch.
If you would like to know more please download our Drake Music Trustee application pack
It has lots more information about:
- the work Drake Music do
- what ‘being a trustee’ means
- next steps, including having an informal conversation or meeting someone from the team
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th August 2018
Interviews: 3rd, 4th and/or 5th September 2018
Further Info: Drake Music Trustee application pack